This will be a bespoke mobile learning toolkit for teacher educators, academics and teachers based upon the unique pedagogical affordances of Personalisation (P), Authenticity (A) and Collaboration (C) identified by Kearney and Burden (2012). It will consist of a set of instruments, exemplar case studies, guidance and training materials which will enable teacher educators, teachers and other lecturers outside of teacher education to evaluate their current practice with mobile technologies in order to implement effective new pedagogies which exploit the unique characteristics of mobile technologies.
The toolkit will include:
1. a rigorous and validated online survey instrument for teacher educators and other practitioners enabling them to evaluate their current m-learning tasks and activities against a bespoke framework for mobile learning in teacher education. This instrument will also serve as a guide for developing and refining m-learning scenarios and tasks. It will also include an equivalent instrument for students in order to triangulate the perceptions of teachers with those of their trainees and pupils.
2. a selection of m-learning best-practice multimedia scenarios depicting a range of activities/tasks across a variety of disciplines(English, Science and History in this instance) along with recommendations for particular tools and apps which can support these scenarios.
3. a review of emerging contemporary apps. (using above rubric) that have the potential to be used by teachers and students in pedagogically innovative ways based on the framework
4. guidance materials for use of toolkit
5. framework and rubric (informed by the m-learning framework created by Kearney and Burden, 2012) , to help evaluate the learning scenarios and map an individual's or an institution's use of m-learning technologies.
NOTICE: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website reflects the views only of the project team and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.